If your Gmail email forwarding verification has failed, there may be a few reasons why. Let us help you by making sure you have successfully completed the necessary steps within Gmail.
Check 1: Forwarding enabled
Have you enabled email forwarding in your Gmail account?
- In your forwarding settings, make sure that you have unchecked the ‘Disable forwarding’ option.
- Your forwarding settings in Gmail should look like the image below. Make sure you have selected the ‘Forward a copy of incoming mail to’ option to active email forwarding:
- Once your forwarding settings are correct, scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘Save Changes’.
- Refresh your Gmail browser and check your settings again to make sure they are correct.
- Once you are confident your settings have been saved, go back to your XSellco setup and click ‘Try again’.
Check 2: Correct Confirmation Code
Have you copied the correct confirmation code in order to verify your Gmail email forwarding request?
- You will know if you have entered the incorrect confirmation code, as Gmail will not allow you to add the email forwarding address.
- If you have entered the incorrect confirmation code, you will need to add the forwarding address again. Click here for step by step instructions on adding a forwarding email address in Gmail.
- Go back to your XSellco setup, and click ‘Try again’. You will receive a verification code from Gmail which will be displayed in the next step of your XSellco setup.
- Copy this code, and paste it into the verification field within Gmail and select ‘Verify’.
- Once you have successfully verified your XSellco email address as your forwarding address in Gmail, you will have receive a notification at the top of your browser.
- Continue to the next step in your XSellco setup to complete the process.
Check 3: Correct Email Forwarding Address
Is your forwarding email address correct?
- In your forwarding settings in Gmail, make sure that the selected forwarding address matches the XSellco email address that you copied. Your XSellco email address will be visible in the ‘Verification failed’ window in your setup.
- If the forwarding address selected does not match your XSellco email address, remove the incorrect forwarding address using the drop down. Then, either select your XSellco address if it is visible in the drop down, or proceed to add your forwarding address again. Click here if you would like step by step instructions on adding a forwarding email address in Gmail.
Check 4: Save Settings
Have you saved your changes?
- Before exiting your email forwarding settings, ensure that you select ‘Save Changes’ in order for your forwarding settings to be saved.
- Refresh your browser, and check that your settings are correct. Then proceed to “Try again” in your XSellco setup.
If you continue to receive the ‘Verification failed’ pop-up after completing the checks outlined above, please contact our dedicated support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.