If your Yahoo email forwarding verification has failed, there may be a few reasons why. Let’s take a look through the necessary steps within Yahoo to make sure that you’re set up and ready to go.
Check 1: Forwarding enabled
Have you enabled email forwarding in Yahoo?
- Go to your Yahoo email forwarding settings. If you’re not sure how to get back to your settings, you can follow the Yahoo email forwarding instructions here.
- Once you’re in your email forwarding settings, ensure that the ‘Forward’ box is selected.
- If the box was not selected, select the box, click ‘Save’ and go back to your XSellco setup and click ‘Try again’
Check 2: Correct Email Forwarding Address
Is your forwarding email address correct?
- In your forwarding settings in Yahoo, make sure that the forwarding address entered matches your XSellco email address that you copied. Your XSellco email address will be visible in the ‘Verification failed’ window in your set up.
- If the forwarding address does not match your XSellco email address, remove the incorrect forwarding address.
- Go back to your XSellco setup, copy the correct email forwarding address, paste it into the box and click ‘Verify’.
- Return to your XSellco setup and select ‘Try again’ to proceed. Follow the verification instructions.
- Click the link in the Yahoo verification email where you will be redirected to a different window by Yahoo. Click ‘Verify’ in the Yahoo browser.
- In your Yahoo email settings, ensure you select ‘Save’ before exiting.
Check 3: Verify forwarding address
Have you successfully completed the Yahoo verification process?
- Once you have clicked ‘Verify’ in your Yahoo email settings, you will be sent a confirmation email from Yahoo which will displayed in the next step of your XSellco setup.
- In order to verify your XSellco email address as your forwarding address, you will need to click the verification link, where you will be redirected to Yahoo in a different browser.
- If you did not click the link in this part of the setup, simply log into XSellco in a separate window and go to your messages. Open the email from Yahoo, and click the link.
- Click the ‘Verify’ button in the Yahoo browser.
- Once you have successfully completed the verification step, go back to your XSellco account and click ‘Try again’.
Check 4: Save Settings
Have you saved your changes?
- Before exiting your email forwarding settings, ensure that you select ‘Save’ so that your forwarding settings are saved.
If you continue to receive the ‘Verification Failed’ pop-up after completing the checks outlined above, please contact our dedicated support team at email@example.com for more help.