If your email forwarding verification has failed, there might be a few reasons why. Let’s go through the necessary steps within your Office 365 email (Outlook, Hotmail, Exchange, MSN) to make sure that your forwarding has been successfully completed.
Once you have identified the problem, click ‘Try again’ in your XSellco setup.
Check 1: Forwarding Enabled
Have you enabled email forwarding?
- Go to your email forwarding settings. If you’re not sure how to get back to your email settings, you can follow the Office 365 email forwarding instructions here.
- Once you’re in your email forwarding settings, ensure that ‘Start forwarding’ is selected.
- If this option was not selected, choose the box, click “Save’ and go back to your XSellco setup and click ‘Try again’.
Check 2: Correct Email Forwarding Address
Is your forwarding email address correct?
- In your forwarding settings, make sure that the forwarding address entered matches your XSellco email address that you copied. Your XSellco email address will be visible in the ‘Verification failed’ window in your set up.
- If the forwarding address you have entered does not match your XSellco email address, remove the incorrect forwarding address.
- Go to your XSellco setup, copy the correct email forwarding address, and paste it into the ‘Forward my email to’ box.
Check 3: Save Settings
Have you saved your changes?
- Before exiting your email forwarding settings, ensure that you select ‘Save’ in order for your forwarding settings to be saved.
If you continue to receive the ‘Verification failed’ pop-up after completing the checks outlined above, please contact our dedicated support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.