Email Templates can be set up to make responses more efficient and to help fulfill SLA guidelines by pre-populating information for common replies that you send. Templates can be customized by sales channel and will allow you to quickly draft a message or set to auto-reply when the conditions are appropriate.
Create a Message Template
- Select the ‘Messages’ tab at the top of the screen.
- From the Messages homepage, navigate to the left side menu.
- Select ‘Templates’.
- From the Message Template screen, select ‘Add Template’.
Select a Name, Usage and Activity.
- Enter Template name. Create a memorable name which explains what the message contains
- Select how the template will be used. Templates are available to use with:
- Support agent messages only – This template can only be used by support agents when replying to customers.
- Support agent messages & Auto-replies: This template can be used by support agents and can be sent as an auto-reply.
- Auto-replies – This template can only be sent using auto-reply. When the conditions are met, this template will be triggered and sent. Remember to set your auto-responding conditions.
- Rule Only: This template can only be used with a rule. When you create a rule in ReplyManager, you can select a template to be triggered when the rule fires. This template will only work with that rule.
- Select ‘Active Template’ to start using this template.
Writing your Template
If you deal with customers who speak different languages, you can simply create templates in multiple languages.
- Select Language
- Enter message ‘Subject’ title that will appear in the mail subject. This field supports SmartTags. SmartTags make it easier to add a block of text/information to messages eg. company address, return policy, product care information, etc.
- Type the message you want to send to customers in this body field. This field also supports SmartTags.
Things to Note:
1. Exclude your auto-signature from this which is created separately.
2. Your message will not be translated within the template section, you must enter the desired language into the message body text.
Within the Message Template screen you can enter information for Usage Conditions, Autoresponder Options, Recurring date & time constraints, One-off date & time constraints, Misc.
Set Usage Conditions to determine what conditions define the template as an appropriate response to a message. You can leave this field blank if you wish to send a response to any message.
- Select marketplace channel associated with the message.
- Enter conditional subject wording.
- For the following items select an appropriate option from the dropdown menus
- Query Type
- Order Status
- Order Fulfillment
- Delivery Date
Setting a delay in your auto-response time, gives the customer the appearance of a human response rather than a messaging bot. Both your customer and your marketplace will appreciate the more delayed human response. ReplyManager recommends a minimum of 15 minute delay and a maximum of 30 minutes.
You can also set the frequency of your auto-response as desired.
Recurring Date and Time Conditions
Enter conditions for any recurring responses, for example you can set the template message to indicate that your business is closed over the weekend.
One-off Date & Time Constraints
In the case that your business may need to send a message over a certain period of time only, you can set start and cut-off dates for a message to be sent only during the allocated time frame.
Change message status – This field determines whether using this template will default the message thread to ‘Open’ or ‘Closed’ status.
SmartTags allow you to make faster and more personal responses by giving you access to customer details such as name and Order ID. To access them simply enter # as you reply and the available options will be presented. ReplyManager has a set of predefined smart tags set up for you and you can also create your own custom tags.
Adding a sample Template.
To add a sample template to your ReplyManager account, click on Templates from the left menu column.
- Click the dropdown button beside ‘Add Message Template’ and select ‘Create Message Templates from our Samples’.
- Select the samples you would like to use by clicking on the tick box
- To finish, click ‘Create Message Templates’
- Your templates are now ready to use
We recommend checking the template settings to see if they suit your requirements. To do this:
- Click on the newly added template.
- You can edit these templates and change it’s status from active to inactive.
- Check the usage conditions, auto-responder options, etc, so that they are set up to suit your needs.
Got some questions about ReplyManager? We’d be happy to help! Get in touch with us at email@example.com.