In ReplyManager, your folders and rules features allow you to organize your inbox and increase the efficiency and quality of your customer responses. We’ll go through the changes and improvements to the ‘Folders’ and ‘Rules’ sections of ReplyManager step by step so that you’re up and running on our new interface in no time.
In the hierarchy of folder classes, ‘Folder Groups’ are identified as the parent class and ‘Folders’ are recognized as the child class.
Folder Groups are used to categorize incoming messages that relate to a particular area in your business. This categories provide your agents with the query type and channel so that they can identify and resolve issues intelligently and effectively, for example ‘Amazon issues’. Folders are used to highlight specific issues such as, ‘Refund’, Damaged Products’, ‘No Delivery’, ‘Late Shipment’, etc.
Using Rules, you can assign tickets and identify the follow-up actions that can be attached to each Folder Group based on the ticket query.
Folders: Create a Folder Group
- Log into your ReplyManager account
- Select the ‘Messages’ tab at the top of the screen
- To view your Folders, navigate to the menu on the left
- Select ‘Folders’
- In the Folders screen, you will see a list of default Folders
These are your Folder Groups. ‘Folder Groups’ are the parent class to ‘Folders’.
- Click ‘+ New Folder Group’
- Enter name of Folder
- Click ‘Create Folder Group’
Folders make the customer management process of your business more efficient by allowing you to classify a ticket or mark it for special attention. Customized folder labels add detail to certain ticket issues, such as Refund’, Damaged Products’, ‘No Delivery’, ‘Late Shipment’, etc. so that you can resolves problems instantly.
The message dashboard shows you how many tickets have been labelled and which folder has been used. These organizational tools give you the power to optimize your business by greatly improving your customer experience.
From within the Folders screen:
- Select a Folder Group
- Click ‘New Folder’
- Enter ‘Folder Name’
- Detail the ‘Folder Group’ that it belongs to
- Choose a ‘Folder Color’
- Select an appropriate ‘Icon’
- Click ‘Save’
Edit a Folder Group and Add or Edit a Folder
- From the Folders screen, click on the relevant folder
- Here you can edit the name, add a new folder and give your folder a new icon
- On completion, click ‘Save Changes’
Assign an Agent to a Folder
Assigning an agent to a specific folder allows you to streamline your incoming queries to speed up your customer response time. You can assign agents to folders using the following steps:
- On the ‘Messages’ homepage, navigate to the left sidebar
- Click a Folder name
- Check the ‘Select All’ radio button on the top navigation bar
- Click ‘Assign’ button and select the relevant team members from the drop down menu.
Your agent(s) is now assigned to a Folder group.
Add Folders to Tickets and Edit Status
Notify your agents of a ticket issue, or its urgency, by changing the current folder and ticket status.
- Go to Message Dashboard and select a ticket
- On the right side bar, scroll down to ‘Folders’ and click ‘Edit’
- Select the relevant Folder and status for the ticket from the dropdown menu.
You agent will be notified of the changed status of the query.
It’s important to be familiar with the ‘Rules’ section of your account – let’s review the improvements to the rules section of ReplyManger. We will need to add some rules for your eBay accounts to get started. In the old system, we used the Force message into Folder option, this has been stripped from the new system and instead we have to create a simple rule to replicate this process.
Go to Messages > Rules
Select “Add Rule”
We need to configure the rule as follows:
First of all select a name for the rule and set it to active. In this example we are creating a rule for eBay returns
- Ticket Channel
- ‘Any of these’
- Select the relevant eBay Channel
- Actions: Assign to Folder and/or assign to User
- Click ‘Create Rule’
This can be copied and used on all other eBay accounts. Once this is done, eBay messages will begin routing into the correct folders that you specify.
For the remainder of your rules, we would recommend reviewing them periodically. With the upgrade, we offer increased options when it comes to specifying conditions. Some rules that were setup previously with a multitude of conditions can now be configured with only 1 or 2, so we would thoroughly recommend taking this opportunity to review the rules.
Have some questions? Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.