Before integrating your Magento webstore with Xsellco, you will need to provide your API Username and Password. This is what will allow us to send outgoing messages on behalf of your Magento account.
In order to create your API credentials in Magento, you will need to first create a Webservice Role and then a Webservice User.
1. Create a Web Service Role
- In your Magento Admin Panel, select System > Web Services > SOAP/XML RPC – Roles.
- Click the ‘Add New Role’ button in the top right corner.
- In the Role Info tab, enter a Role Name. You can choose any name here, like ‘API Access’ for example.
- In the panel on the left, select the ‘Role Resources’ tab.
- Select “All” from the Resource Access drop down (This enables us to pull in customer order details, product, and sales information).
- Click the ‘Save Role’ button in the top right corner when complete.
2. Create a Web Service User
To complete the process, you will need to then create a user.
- In your Magento Admin Panel, select System > Web Services > SOAP/XML RPC – Users.
- Click the ‘Add New User’ button in the top right corner.
- Complete the following fields in the User Info tab:
- User Name
- First Name
- Last Name
- In the API Key/Password field, enter a secure key/password (any number or letter string that you will remember). This is will be what third-party web services must use to access your Magento store.
- To confirm your API Key/Password, re-enter the key in the API Key Confirmation field.
- In the panel on the left, select the ‘User Role’ tab. Then, select the Role which you created in Step 1.
- Click the ‘Save User’ button in the top right corner when complete.
- Copy your API Key/Password and paste it into your Xsellco setup under ‘API Password’. Then copy the Username that you entered in the User Info section, and paste it into your Xsellco setup under ‘API Username’.
Got any questions? Our dedicated support team will be happy to help! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.