XSellco Fusion’s message templates save you time by auto-populating information for common replies. These can be customized for your various sales channels, and by language. Choose from a number of sample templates created by XSellco or create your own unique templates.
1. Adding a Sample Template
To add one of XSellco’s pre-written Templates to your account, click on Templates from the left menu column.
- Click the dropdown button beside ‘Add Message Template’ in the top right corner, and select ‘Create Message Templates from our Samples’.
- Select the samples you would like to use by clicking the tick boxes.
- To finish, click ‘Create Message Templates’
- Your templates are now ready to use. However we recommend checking the template settings to ensure that they suit your needs. To do this:
- Click on the newly added template.
- You can edit these templates and change it’s status from active to inactive.
- Check the template text, usage conditions, auto-responder options, etc. to ensure that they are tailored to your needs.
2. Creating a custom Template
- Select the ‘Messages’ tab at the top of the screen.
- Select ‘Templates’ under ‘Tools’ from the Menu on the left.
- Select the ‘Add Message Template’ button from the top right corner.
- Enter Template name. Create a memorable name which explains what the message contains.
- Select how the template will be used. Templates are available to use with:
- Support agent messages only – This template can only be used by support agents when replying to customers.
- Support agent messages & Auto-replies: This template can be used by support agents and can be sent as an auto-reply.
- Auto-replies – This template can only be sent using auto-reply. When the conditions are met, this template will be triggered and sent. Remember to set your auto-responding conditions.
- Rule Only: This template can only be used with a rule. When you create a rule in Fusion, you can select a template to be sent when the rule is triggered. This template will only work with that rule.
- Select ‘Active Template’ to start using this template.
The sections below allow you to build your template, and customize the right conditions for when the template should be sent (e.g. Auto-responder, Out of Office):
- Select Language – If you prefer, you can create specific templates in multiple languages. You can also create templates one language and use the auto-translate feature before sending your message.
- Enter the message ‘Subject’ that will appear in the mail subject line. This field supports SmartTags. For more information on using SmartTags see our quick guide.
- Type the message you want to send to customers in the ‘Message’ field. This field also supports SmartTags.
Things to Note:
1. Exclude your auto-signature from the Message body. This is created separately.
2. Your message will not be translated within the template section, you must enter the desired language into the message body text.
Set the Usage Conditions to say when this template can be chosen as an appropriate response to a message. You can leave this field blank if you wish to be able to send this response to any message.
- Select the marketplace channels you would like to use this template for.
- Enter the message Subject keywords that restrict when this template can be used.
- You can refine further Usage Conditions by selecting one or multiple options from the dropdown menus:
- Query Type
- Order Status
- Order Fulfillment
- Delivery Date
Setting a delay in your auto-response time, gives customer’s the appearance of a human response rather than an auto-reply. Both your customer and your marketplace will appreciate the more delayed human response. We recommend a minimum of 15 minute delay and a maximum of 30 minutes.
You can also set the frequency of your auto-response as desired.
Recurring date and time conditions
Enter the conditions for any recurring responses. For example, you can set the template message to indicate that your business is closed over the weekend.
One-off Date & Time Constraints
In the case that your business may need to send a message over a certain period of time only, you can set start and cut-off dates for a message to be sent only during the allocated time frame.
Use this field to determine whether using this template will change the message to ‘Open’ or ‘Closed’ status.
When you have completed all fields, click ‘Create Channel Message Template’. Your template will now be available in your active template list.
Got some questions about your Help Desk features? We’d be happy to help! Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.