Connecting your Magento webstore to XSellco is simple. Follow the steps below to start sending and receiving all your Magento customer messages within your XSellco dashboard.
Before starting your Magento setup, you will need:
- Your Magento API Username and Password.
Creating your API credentials in Magento is simple. Click here for instructions.
Step 1: Integrate your Magento webstore
- While logged into your XSellco account, click on the ‘Add’ button in the top right corner and select ‘Add Channel’.
- Select the Magento logo from the Channel selection screen.
- Click ‘Authorize XSellco’ to allow us to send and receive messages from your Magento webstore. Don’t worry, XSellco will only have access to your messages and customer order information; we cannot access your login details or other confidential information.
- Enter your API username and password. For instructions on how to create API credentials in your Magento account, click here.
- Enter your webstore address in the last box and hit ‘Next’.
Important to note: If you have Magento Version 1 and have received a ‘Verification failed’ pop-up, this is because you have a custom WSDL location which we could not retrieve. In this case, you will be brought to a new screen to enter your exact WSDL location. If you do not know your custom WSDL location, you will need to contact your System Administrator to retrieve it.
Step 2: Set up email forwarding
Now that your store is successfully connected through the API, you can send outgoing messages from your Magento store through your XSellco dashboard. The next step is to set up email forwarding from the email address connected to your Magento account so that XSellco can receive incoming messages.
- Copy your XSellco email address and open your email client in a separate window. In your email client, set up email forwarding using your XSellco email address as your forwarding address, and proceed through the rest of the steps to complete the process.
- If you would like step by step instructions on email forwarding for your email client, click the ‘Show me how’ button.
If you receive the ‘Verification failed’ pop-up after proceeding through the steps, please click the ‘Need more help’ link for troubleshooting instructions within your email client.
Once you have successfully completed the setup, you will now be able to send and receive messages from your Magento store into your Fusion Help Desk. Your first Magento message will now be displayed as a ticket in your messages dashboard.
If you have any questions regarding your integration, we’ll be happy to help. Get in touch with our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.