xSellco is an ambitious high-growth software company that seeks to enhance sales and simplify transaction support for e-commerce businesses across the globe.
We are expanding our team in Dublin and looking for driven team players who want to directly contribute to our culture and success.
Our company culture doesn’t support the notion of hierarchy…everyone’s contribution is critical & we are all held accountable to contribute. We’re looking for a Web Designer with a hands-on startup/scale up mentality and a desire to dedicate themselves to creating and maintaining the absolute best. Is this you...?
Who you are:
You are a strategist, thinker and creative guru. You will be a talented Web Developer who has an eye for design and love for good coding standards. This position’s main focus is making responsive web designs that look great on a desktop, smartphone, or tablet using WordPress, or other platforms as a CMS. You will work with the creative team to produce and maintain high quality websites and blogs.
What you will do:
- Web Design / Development Design, code, test, and maintain website content on all sites, microsites, and landing pages.
- Create wireframes, user flows, mockups, and prototypes to guide design and functionality.
- Work with internal stakeholders to gather requirements based on technical and UI / UX needs. Perform tests to ensure mobile and cross-browser compatibility.
- Site and Page optimizations Perform UI / UX testing and identify areas that need improvement. Look for and implement code based optimizations to increase on page speed and ensure SEO best practices.
- Identify aesthetic UI changes for testing (A/B and/or multivariate) and work with testing tools (i.e. Optimizely) to improve the site experience and increase conversion.
- Standardizing Styles Build and manage web style guides and assets (colors, buttons, headlines, etc.), using a Design Language System approach.
- Identify existing web component styles, merge duplicates, and streamline their future use.
- Other Design valid and responsive email templates.
We value a Web Designer who has/is:
- Strong design portfolio and understanding of typography, layout, color theory, usability, and design principles.
- 5+ years of UI/UX and web design / development experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Proficiency in PHP, HTML and CSS and Wordpress., Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Flash.
- Skilled in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and wireframing tools.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and how to adhere to them.
- Proficiency with at least one content management system and ability to modify / extend templates and site functionality.
- Strong understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with staff, vendors, and consultants.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision with the ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Experience in managing a web design process and communicating, organizing requirement meetings, and presenting concepts to internal stakeholders.